Accelerator program Techstars Chicago announced its summer 2016 class today, June 27, comprised of 10 startups. Five of these startups hail from the Chicago area, while the rest come from Miami, Orlando, Portland, Cincinnati and Los Angeles.
The Techstars Chicago program is an intensive three-month program for startups. At the end is Demo Day on September 29 at the House of Blues, a day where the Techstars graduates pitch to over 500 potential investors. However, all participants get to meet with more than 150 mentors, access office space and the global Techstars network, receive $20,000 in seed funding, and are offered the option of a $100,000 debt note.
Techstars boasts an impressive alumni register: SendGrid, Plated, Moveline and others. Almost 80% of the startups are still active, and 11.34% have been acquired.
- Bright provides real-time metrics to assist Software as a Service (SaaS) providers with growing their businesses.
- Brightwork is an API developer tool. It provides data on APIs as well as making them easy to swap out of different projects.
- CompleteSet is a site for collectors that helps them find collectables to complete their sets, as well as sell items.
- ConvertFlow is a suite of tools for marketers that aids in converting website visitors to customers. It creates personalized calls to action, retargets ads and sends triggered emails from third-party applications.
- Fitbot is geared toward remote personal trainers and fitness coaches to help them deliver programs online to clients.
- Jio is a tiny wearable that can be embedded into children’s clothing. It helps provide peace of mind for parents and lets them track their children.
- LogicGate provides a platform for enterprises to create business applications using a drag and drop interface.
- Pak’d is a site that lets adults choose options for their own or their kids lunches, and these are delivered to their door.
- PartySlate connects people planning a party with professionals that can make it happen, and it provides inspiration via photos.
- Stationfy aggregates sporting events and helps fans connect with their favorite athletes, artists and creators.